6/24/2007

A moment to remember...


Yesterday was the dedication of the Veterans Glass City Skyway. I had plans to be on the spectator side of the bridge but when we got to the Sports Arena my wife and I were asked if we would like to be part of the Flag Volunteer group. We both looked at each other and said yes. I don't know how the day would of been but I'm pretty sure it would not of turned out the way it did when accepting the duty of volunteering. I am proud to have been part of the ceremony especially for it's reason - The Veterans and the workers who worked on it. When the names were read of those lost during the construction the sound of silence was very heart warming. I helped hold a very large flag that was presented at the ceremony, participating in that gave me a sense of purpose during this occasion. My wife has an excellent presentation of the event, please visit her at Glass City Jungle and watch the video that she put together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was cool to see that you made it as a part of the history of Toledo with being in the Blade.

:-)