6/19/2007

An Issue that needs clarification...

On my wife's blog Glass City Jungle she asked the question of why two crimes which result in murder have two different sentences. This thread has had up to 61 posted comments regarding the issue. I commented on it simply saying murder is nothing more or less then murder. I don’t care if it was done by a tricycle or a semi, a paintball gun or a 9mm. Murder should not have a difference standards. The families and friends of the departed are not going to remember them differently because one was taken by a vehicle while the other was by a gun. The laws need to be positioned so that it can have a true flow of sentencing.

A driver does not go out looking to kill but when the SET laws are there to protect others on the road and this nutjob still persists to ignore them then he/she is a murderer when striking another. This is also true with gangbangers or of the like kind, if they attempt to pull a drive by and happen to hit other citizens that happen to be in the area would that be considered an accident? NO! It’s viewed as murder regardless to what his confession is, “Oh I was just going for the guy that dated my girl.”

Although I might get a few people to agree with me I'm pretty sure they'll be out numbered by those who oppose.

1 comment:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

IMNHO, you are indeed correct; dead is dead and murder is murder