4/27/2007

Chasing the Dream...

I once had a dream of having my own rental shop. Yeah that's right a rental shop, like a movie rental shop. Back when I was 21 I had a huge collection of both video games as well as movies. In order for this to take place I would of had to empty my basement out completely and plan a layout that would be both inviting as well as comfortable. Well this dream fell short because not many people wanted to rent video tapes, they were more interested in the DVD aspect of renting and since I didn't have any at the time I couldn't really open up a shop and not offer what people would want first hand. That's what I called a home based business opportunity that did not take place. Today I have a slightly different take on the rental world, I am deciding on a new method of renting movies and games. It hit me a few years ago when I went to the bank and then to the movie store. I wondered why hasn't anyone done it yet, why hasn't anyone combined the two together? No not an ATM at the store, but why not have the same vacuum tubes that are used at the banks to exchange information used instead for the rental process. It's just a thought I've had for quite a while now.

No comments: