3/03/2007

Photo Hunt #47 - Salty

I know that most of the participants for today's hunt will probably have something like this but I figured I should give it a try anyway. The photo that I chose for today was taken in November at a beach called Ocean Beach in Connecticut. I had gone there to visit my mom and family for thanksgiving, and since I had some time on my hands I figured I can fill it with taking pictures of the beach that I went to as a kid. Although most people didn't smell it I sure did - the air was filled with that salty smell of the ocean.


click on image for larger size.

If you are here visiting and want to join on the weekly hunt then visit TNChick today.

12 comments:

Shelby said...

thanks for visiting my blog this morning and for the nice comments - you have a great photo - I love the beach and sea and can imagine the salty smell. take care and have a terrific weekend :)

Shawna said...

I've never been to CT! When I think about the beach I think about how the ocean tastes when a wave smacks you in the face:)

Julie said...

Yep! I think a lot of us thought of the ocean/beach! :) I did too! Oh well, I like your picture though!
Mine is up if you wanna come by.

srp said...

There is certainly nothing anywhere like the smell of the ocean. Great shot of the dunes.

Unknown said...

thats a lovely picture...and I will be back to read more of your blog..good writing

PowersTwinB said...

another wonderful photo...youre lucky to have grown up with that! My photo is up, please come and visit!

Anonymous said...

I never get tired of beach and oceanside pictures! The fenceline gives the picture a different look.

Andree said...

That photo makes me homesick! Beautiful work.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Great picture! I've never been to CT either. Thanks for the vivid description to go along with the picture. Nice take on the SALTY theme :)

Unknown said...

Good picture baby, if I wouldn't have been so swamped with politics and legislation today I would have figured something out. I'm glad one of us did photo hunt this weekend. I wish we were back at that beach about now....

:-)

A. said...

The best pictures always bring back memories I think. Thanks for cisiting my blog.

Desert Diva said...

You can almost smell the "salty" air by viewing the photo. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!