5/29/2007

The Police...

What can say, I grew up listening to them a lot. I used to take my dad's radio at night and listen to the hits all night long. I remember the first time I heard "Wrapped Around Your Finger" and thinking to myself what an awesome song it was. I knew every word to the song on my second exposure to it, well I knew the majority of them, but I got to learn them quite quickly because they were played more then any other hit song. Now the first time I saw the video I just about flipped.
I was young then and watching them run in between a bunch of tall candle holders with lit candles without catching on fire was completely amazing to me. Then just when I thought the video couldn't get any cooler they begin to knock them down. I thought for sure one of them was going to get burned by one of the falling candles. Of course growing up I learned that this was set up that way so that no one can get hurt. Most of my friends back then didn't understand why I loved their music so much, they only listened to the up and coming rap groups. Don't get me wrong I tolerate a lot of styles and versions of music but soft rock is something that will always be a part of me. I would be floored if I got a copy of the new police cd. Here are the songs that are on this two disk pack:

The Police

Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. Fallout
2. Can't Stand Losing You
3. Next to You
4. Roxanne
5. Truth Hits Everybody
6. Hole in My Life
7. So Lonely
8. Message in a Bottle
9. Reggatta de Blanc
10. Bring on the Night
11. Walking on the Moon
12. Don't Stand So Close to Me
13. Driven to Tears
14. Canary in a Coalmine

Disc: 2
1. Do Do Do de da da Da
2. Voices Inside My Head
3. Invisible Sun
4. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
5. Spirits in the Material World
6. Demolition Man
7. Every Breath You Take
8. Synchronicity I
9. Wrapped Around Your Finger
10. Walking in Your Footsteps
11. Synchronicity II
12. King of Pain
13. Murder by Numbers
14. Tea in the Sahara

I hope I don't get in trouble but I'm going to also include the original video for "Wrapped Around Your Finger" below hey a little something extra in order to win a copy of the new police cd.




No comments: