2/07/2007

This is not the answer...

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Ku Klux Klan has rebounded by exploiting current hot-button issues, especially immigration, according to a new report released by the Anti-Defamation League.

I agree with the fact that we need to protect our borders from "illegal" immigrants but not in the manner that the KKK would like. I do not agree with illegal immigrants getting a free pass while the ones who are doing it the "legal" way take up to two years completing the necessary course, if anything they should be rewarded for taking the time to become an American citizen.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for helping the fellow man but when you cross my border and then work here under a different name for months or even years and then have the nerve to be offended when your asked about your papers or working slips I'm sorry I can not just stand by and say nothing. This whole amnesty program is nothing more than a bandage for something that was screwed up many years ago.

I myself am hispanic and for so many years I've been publicly vocal on how I feel about this issue. My parents were both born in Puerto Rico, I was born in Boston MA. I began learning the English language when I began first grade. I spoke Spanish at home as well as English. I spoke English around my parents most of the time just to help them in translating some of the everyday words that were being used around the house. Both of my parents decided to take the English night courses at the local library in order to as my mom would say "fit in". Growing up I noticed that my mom would encounter many folks that chose not to learn the language, all she would say is "If you want to communicate with someone make sure that you have a translator with you".

The KKK although recognized as an evil group just may bring this issue up even louder in Washington, I just hope it doesn't spark any riots just like we had here in Toledo.

1 comment:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

That's the very last thing that we need, a resurgence of the KKKlown Posse,which brings all sorts of vermin into the spotlight. . .