12/20/2006

What can Brown do for you?

Well Brown can't do much for me personally but I can sure expect packages to arrive a little sooner at work next year if the No Left Turn kicks in.

from ZDNet:

Optimizing the delivery of 14.5 million packages per day
In a CIO Sessions interview, United Parcel Service CIO Dave Barnes tells ZDNet editor in chief Dan Farber that his company will save $600 million per year through package flow technologies that include preloading vehicles in the morning, routing drivers according to volume and favoring right-hand turns.

Hopefully with the extra money being saved the cost for shipping might go down a bit.
:)

2 comments:

marianne said...

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for shipping costs to go down - left turns or not!

Thanks for stopping by - I played your tag and passed it on. :)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

"Hopefully with the extra money being saved the cost for shipping might go down a bit."

I hope you were joking.

Shipping, like taxes NEVER goes down ;-)