12/16/2006

First Photo Hunt participation - Annoying

I was introduced to the hunt about two weeks ago when the theme was "lights". I have finally found some time to join in and be part of the fun. The image you see below is an image that can be seen pretty much on a regular basis in my backyard - live that is. Between my wife and myself we try to keep the bird-feeder full for the "birds" but every-time we fill it, about fifteen minutes later it's about half empty with almost all of it on the deck. Well I decided to keep an eye on it to see what's going on, to my surprise it was a squirrel helping himself to the sunflower seeds that were mixed in with the other common seeds. I quickly grabbed the camera to try and catch him on the act but it looked more like he caught me and the bird is giving me a look of annoyance that the bird food is scattered all over the deck.



Join, Participate, Share and above all have FUN.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pesky little buggers aren't they! there's one that keeps building her nest by the front window, she uses branches from the trees and bushes in the garden!

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Great capture Roman! They both look quite annoyed at you!

Thanks for visiting my annoying creature ~ we were both on the annoying wildlife track this week!

I find seagulls annoying because they steal your food right out of your hand if you are not careful. Must be similar to the pigeons you wrote about! And if you or kids nearby you start to feed them then they just hang around and make the most awful racket you don't want to hear while you are trying to relax at the beach.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

marianne said...

Oh yes, we have the same problem with the little beasts - the squirrel shield on the pole really helps.

Great photo!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Photo Hunt! :) That's a great picture. They both look annoyed, and the squirrels certainly can be annoying.

Have a good weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

We had nice black ones with no hair on their tails a few years back -- duh, not squirrels but rats. So when the squirrels eat the birdseed, I'm not so annoyed as I used to be!

Anonymous said...

We had to take our birdfeeder down because the base was rotting, but the squirrels used to raid it, too.

Welcome to the photo hunt! It is always so interesting to see what people come up with for the theme!

Teena in Toronto said...

That would be annoying!

Mine's up too :)

-tnchick- said...

I think they are so cute but yes, they can be annoying - for sure!