1/30/2007

Now a possible 12 million dollar car...

In one of my previous posts I displayed a very unique vehicle that was said to be valued at 8 million dollars. Now we have the "Auto Union" which is in the AUDI family. This vehicle apparently was an extraordinary design for it's time - some even say that it was way ahead of its' own time. This very same type of car was involved in a race and won just a couple of days after Germany invaded Poland. In the article you will read more details as to its' finding and its' rebuilding. You will also notice that not many want this marvel to be connected to the existence of Hitler. This makes for a great read and a little added history.
:)

3 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

With or without its dubious history it doesn't look practical, especially at $12 Mil.

Teenage men would love it though ;-)

roman said...

I agree, the last thing I need is to go over a puddle and have water splash in every direction including up.
:)

Jeffrey Smith said...

My first reaction was that anyone who pays that much ought to have his head examined. But then I thought of myself, if I had unlimited cash and an opportunity to buy a Deusenburg or something like the car in that old film The Yellow Rolls-Royce. That shut me up fast.